Friday, April 21, 2006

Saujana Impian. Voted to be THE course with the best green in Malaysia. The green's lightning fast, but soft enough to bite...roll is very true. Played there today. Started from the back-nine. Drove the first hole, a short par-4 with a 3-wood, smack down in the middle of the fairway. Hit my iron on to the green. two-putted. Par. The next two holes was quite a nightmare. On the 2nd par 4 hole, my drive veered off to the right. 2nd shot, hit a tree branch, then pitch to the apron of the green. Stupid chip and the 2-putted for a double boggie. 3 rd hole, a nice-over-the-water par 3. Hit my ball with a 5-iron over the green into a bunker....deeep in the sand....yuckie...another double boggie. 4 -over after 3 holes. Bad start. Then 3 pars in a row. A boggie on a par five. Par and a birdie on the last hole of the front-nine(back-nine of the course). Scored 40. Hey,hey,hey...not bad.

2-nd Nine. Boggie, Boggie, Par, Par,Par, Double-Boggie, Par,Par. 4 over after 8 holes. On the last hole, my drive went into a fairway bunker, 145 meters from the hole. I need a par to play 80, or a birdie to play 79. That's when I hit the best shot of the round. Hit my 6-iron, solid, from the fairway bunker, into the green. Two-putted for a par. Ahhhhhh....What a feeling. a good round, 80, 8-over, 2-under my HC of 10. Yee Haa!!!!

No comments: