Friday, July 21, 2006

Of ASTRO-Philip Masters, Negotiation, Phone Negotiation, British Open and Tiger Woods

Yesterday was busy..nope...let's go with hectic. I woke up early in the morning. Too early...like 5 am. I was to be at "Palm Garden Golf and Country Resort" by 7 am, for a 7:30am tee-off time.. ASTRO-Philip Masters golf tournament. Gotta be out of that place by 2pm.... 2:30pm; a tender negotiation with a customer. Told my guys to change the nego time from 10am to 4:30am a day before that ; but 2:30pm was the only slot. Shessh....

I played quite well. 9 pars with 2 birdies. Played to a handicaped of 8. That's was at 1pm. After a quick shower I went for a quick lunch...gotta stay for a while to see if I got any placing. At 1:50pm, I gotta chance to look at the results, "bodek" the tourney officials la. My name was not in the top 5 A-Medal. Yikes!!! All the other players must be very good with their golf swing or the only other explanation was they were good with their pencil. Knowing that my name was not anywhere in the prize-list, I sped off to my intended nego place. At 2:15pm, 15 minutes before the intended time, I got a call from the customer , postponing the meeting to 4:30PM. Double Suck...

Gotta spent almost 2 hours at the customer cafe. The nego went okay. No major problems. Got the deal... During that nego session, I kept missing phone calls from another customer... the phone was on silent mode.. Called back the other customer, and talked for about 45-minutes on the handphone..settled.

Later at night, I was there, watching TV, to see Tiger Woods, paired with Nick Faldo and Katayama for the 2006 British Open Golf Tourney. On the 1st hole, Tiger bogeyed....up to the 14th hole..Tiger was 2 under; not that impressive considering the leader was at 6 under.. it was late..around 1:30am..3 holes to go; don't believe Tiger was "in-the zone"; turned off the TV, and then went to have some zzzzz...

Woke up..check the internet..and on the last 3-holes, Tiger made 3 under..birdie, par, eagle. Damn, I missed that!!!!

No comments: