Monday, September 19, 2005

Reached another milestone in my golf..

Saturday was hectic. Gotta help my mum in the morning, for the "kenduri tahlil" gathering that night. Arranging the house needs strong arms, legs and back. Usually family gatherings will end late,... very late at night. At 3pm , gotta go to another "kenduri tahlil" at my uncle's house. I was not even planning of joining the PTGC club monthly medal on Sunday....but in the middle of doing the sitting arrangement, I felt the urge of calling the club, asking whether there are still avalaible place to join the competition.

"Who's there? ...Golfer Melayu, just drop by, man!!! I'll make sure your name will be there.." PTGC sports center.

The Kenduri ended at 11pm. Went home at about 1am. Have problem to sleep. Whatever I try, I just can't sleep that night. Can't do nothing with the wife la...red flag. When I finally dozed off it must have been around 5am.

6am, woke up. Took a shower. Sembahyang subuh. Cooked my own breakfast. In the meantime, the head feels like "I can fly". Headed over to the club. Registered.
Tournament starts at 8am. I started from the 10th tee-box. Gotta bogie on first hole. Rain started to drizzle at the end of that hole. On the 2nd hole, rain came pouring down. The siren blows. Stop play for half and hour. After play resumed, I got another bogie...on a par 5. Doesn't seems to be my day.

"Screw it...I'm here to enjoy my golf game"

Then the par started to come. Par, after par, after par...mix with a birdie. I scored 39 gross, front nine..."Hey, not bad!!!!"

2nd Nine...started well...scored 39, back nine. Came back with a 78. At last, I broke 80 in a competition!!!!!! Got 2nd in the medal A category. The prize..a cheap-looking trophy with RM210 Jaya Jusco voucers. The wife loves the voucers. I like the fact that I broke 80 in a competition, eventhough I hate the alcheapo looking trophy. Well....you can't win them all.

No comments: