Wednesday, August 17, 2005

Bad Presentation Day....

Sucks....big time. That's how my presentation went today. I looked and sounded like an amateur.

Two days ago, the customer which came from the BANK, wanted me to present to their new owner , a system that we have implemented at the customer's place. The subject is something that I know like the back of my hand. Confident as hell, I cramped on a lot of materials into my slides....why?...coz I'm the expert Bro.... in between , there were a lots of other thing that I've got to do.

The presentation was at 4:30pm. Finished doing the slides at about 2.30pm. Run through it, for about 10 minutes and then off I went. No dry run, no nothing. I've done a lot of presentation before this. Spoken in seminars before. Should be routine.

Once the presentation start, I seem to lost all my presentation skill. I was really struggling. The flow of the presentation was very unfamiliar. It's not as smooth as my previous presentations. It was bad, I was even reading the text on the slides...a real no,no. My messages were distorted, I was going all over the place and was not getting accross to the audience by the looks of their body language. If this was the "American Idol" audition, I would have gotten the boot just 10 minutes into it. The presentation lasted for 2 hours. The next will be a presentation to the Group Resource Director. I was lucky today. I scraped through the presentation...barely.

Next time...don't be over-confident. Give yourself enough time to be familiar with the presentation flow. AND a new Xda beside me while giving the next presentation will probably help to impress the audience.....you think?. he,he

No comments: